Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photos: Barbecue

My desk when it's messy. That character dictionary is my best friend. Sad, huh?


Douliu on a muggy day.


From left: Elder Wilson, Elder Lindsey, an investigator. Elder Lindsey has the same racial heritage as I do. We are the Half Blood Asians. He didn't learn Chinese before coming, so I speak much better than he does. Poor guy. He's on his 3rd move call. He's really cool.


Elder Wood and an investigator. Elder Wood is our district leader. He's on his sixth move call, and he's super dedicated to Chinese; his Chinese is fabulous. He knows a lot of characters and has really good speaking and listening ability. He's really cool as well, and he always tells everyone he loves them. Also, he always says, "zhende jiade?" ("true or false", more like, "really?").


Lunch. This was the more interesting part. We tried just about everything at the kaorou.

1 comment:

  1. squid or octopus? Are those relatives of jelly fish...is Mark eating his own kind?

    I would have tried everything also

    ReplyDelete