Da jia, ni hao!
How are all of you this week? My week was great. It was really hot every morning, and then rained in the evenings, which was nice (the rain, that is). It's very warm out here. Wow. Yeah. I sweat A LOT.
This week's shirt review is a triple feature. Well, more of a double feature, and a tragic bonus. The first shirt was quite possibly the nerdiest shirt I've ever seen. It said, "Outer Space Union." All he needed was a geeky green stuffed alien. 4 extraterrestrial geeks out of 5. Yesterday, I saw a great shirt as well. It said, "It's good to be a man." I was like, "Amen, brother." Take that, women (Kyler, if you're reading this, you can sub out the last sentence with "Take that, Annie Seeley"). 5 sensational sexists out of 5. And now for the sad part. In days past, I've been wearing my Whimpey shirt around. I've worn it to the top of a mountain. I've worn it when running in the mornings. Michael J. Whimpey has been with me through the highs and lows of my mission. Unfortunately, my zone leader told me on exchanges that he thought it could be construed to be political in nature. I was crushed. But I won't wear the shirt again. I've wimped out on Whimpey.
Food Review: Fan4 Taun3
This morning, me and Elder Harris went out to breakfast. I got a fan tuan, which is basically a whole bunch of stuff rolled up inside rice. This one included oil fried bread (ok, it's just basically oil. The name translated is oil stick), bacon, an egg, pickled veggies, and tofu. It was pretty darn good. Also, the soy milk was not bad either. I give it 4 rice rolls (wow, that's a boring one) out of 5. Also, I just have to put in a plug for the mangoes. If you ate the one I ate last night, you would know what heaven is like. Really. It was good enough that it made it into my journal.
Well, it was a great week. Elder Harris a great companion. We're having a lot of fun together. We're both super young, but the work is really moving here in Douliu. The Lord is truly blessing us and helping overcome our inadequacies. Elder Harris is a great missionary. He's very diligent in talking to everyone, and is very focused on using time effectively. I have a lot to learn from him.
President Bishop came to our ward this week. Both Elder Harris and I were quite surprised. I had the opportunity to translate for him when he talked in Priesthood. That was a lot of fun. President Bishop had come to visit a member that he had baptized when he was here in Douliu a long time ago. His convert, Brother Huang, is now the high priests group leader, and is the oldest member of the ward. He's lost most of his teeth, and has a thick mainland accent, so he's REALLY hard to understand (especially when he passionately talks about the gospel). He and President Bishop had a hard time communicating, but the love that exists between them was evident. As they walked down the hall together, I realized that that's what I really hope for out here. I hope to be able to help my converts stay active throughout their whole lives, and to be able to come back and have experiences like that. The gospel can bring people who have nothing in common together. It transcends all racial, lingual, and cultural boundaries. Through the gospel of Jesus Christ, we, as a human family, can come together in love and joy. This is truly a marvelous work and wonderful message.
I love you all,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment