Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekly Report: Pokemon fruit, naked kid, expecting miracles

Hey Everyone!
This week was good, but a little less eventful. Well, not really less eventful so much as just not really intense climaxes. It was still good though. I hit my five month mark this week. Crazy, huh? Feels like I just got on island, though I am feeling more like a real missionary than I have in the past. It's a pretty good feeling to not feel so green. It's the last week of the transfer again. This one went faster than the previous ones. Me and Elder Harris have had so much fun together, and worked really hard. He's a funny Elder, and makes me laugh a lot.

Food Review: 釋迦 (or as I call it, lumpy fruit)
It's this strange, lumpy, green fruit. It looks kind of like a greener Golem, for those of you who are sophisticated enough to understand Pokemon references. Inside, it's kind of slimy and there's tons of seeds. The fruit stuff kind of is wrapped around the seeds, so you just slurp it up and then spit out the seeds. Mostly, it just tastes sweet, but the texture is not that desirable. I don't think I'll try it again this year. 2 Pokemon produce out of 5 (I know it's not a quantifiable noun, sorry).

Excuse Review:
The other night, we went and visited a less active family, and when we asked if we could come in, the mother said we couldn't because her 12 year old son had taken off all his clothes because of the heat and was too embarrassed. We were like, "can he put them back on?" and she was like, "no, it's just too hot." In my book, that's even worse than a "we don't want to talk to you." How humiliating. 1 nude nuisances out of 5.

This week, we don't have any people who have baptismal goals within the next 3 weeks (in other missions, this wouldn't be considered out of the ordinary, but this is the first time this has happened to me). I haven't really found anyone that I feel has tons of potential this week, which is slightly disappointing. As I sat and thought about it this morning, I've come to the conclusion that it's because I haven't prayed and gone out the door each day expecting miracles. As I think back to the times when I've really found success, I've always let our Father in Heaven know through prayer, that I expected miracles. He has always come through for me. I know that prayers are answered. I see it happen every single day. I'm sure you all have experiences where prayers have been answered. Think back on those experiences. Can you deny the power of prayer? I promise you that God hears each and every single prayer. If we trust in His judgement, things will turn out right, though not necessarily how we expect. I challenge you all to pray every day this week with the expectation to see miracles. I don't care what type of miracle you're expecting; the important part is to pray with faith. I can promise you that you will be happier, and you will see answers to your prayers. Know that I love each and every single one of you, and I pray for you all the time.

Love,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment