Hey Everyone!!!
This week was good. I hope you all are doing well as well. It's been hot, but my body is now much more used to the temperature, and weather I once felt was evil is now acceptable. I'm turning Taiwanese.
Food Review: Mango Ice
It's basically like a snow cone, if that snow cone had the best mango you've ever eaten, black sugar, condensed milk and ice cream (try it, fam, I love it) on it. So amazingly fabulicious that I think a little part of me dies and goes to heaven each time I have it. Seriously, you people do not know what you're missing out on. I give it 6 sumptuous snacks out of 5.
Shirt Review
This week, Elder Wilson got contacted by a guy who was wearing a shirt that said "Hug the Earth." Environmentalists are everywhere out here, but this was one of the funnier things I've seen. Also this guy (and I can't remember how we got on this subject) started singing Michael Jackson, and then told us (in English), and I quote, "He is INNOCENT. He just loves little children." So funny.
So basically I love teaching English class. I teach the advanced class, which means I basically just stand up and listen to them talk in English. We talk about really random subjects like racial stereotypes, chic flicks, set mathematics (yes, for real), etc. This week, the subjects were existentialism and detente, Henry Kissinger, and, wait for it, Richard M. Nixon. Yeah, that's right, Elder Kyler Ludwig. Who's the bigger Nixon fan now (though they're not the hugest fans of Nixon here. I wonder why...)? I love English class.
This week, we went to a guy's house and started teaching him (usually we meet people at the church). He was really open and willing to learn. However, about half way through, his mother, who was about 60 (this guy was not young), started yelling about how he couldn't learn it, and how he MUST NOT take the Book of Mormon, and how he would fight with his wife if he did. Things got worse very rapidly. Well, it was Elder Siebert to the rescue. I started talking to the old amah and asking her to teach me various words in Taiwanese, throwing in the couple of sentences I knew. While she was distracted, Elder Wilson set the guy up to come meet with us at the church and gave him the Book of Mormon. No amah is safe from me (take that, Kyler Ludwig, you're not the only one old ladies like [wow, this is "bash Elder Ludwig week"])!
It was my birthday this last week, and unfortunately, I got the gift of illness. I was feeling really uncomfortable all morning through planning. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go out and proselyte, but I knew that I had to. I prayed desperately, but I still felt extremely discouraged about the situation. As we left our apartment, I was feeling extremely down, and not particularly interested in sharing the gospel for the night. However, then I got some good news. Three letters had come for me that day, which instantly made me feel better. Even more interestingly, the letters were mailed within 7 days of each other, with the most recent one arriving in Taiwan in just seven days. They all came on the same day, and just when I really needed a pick me up. God truly does care about each of us, and He's there to help us out, in many different ways. God loves each and every single one of his children. So few people are privileged enough to know this fact, and I think sometimes those of us who are forget it. This week, I'd like you all to be looking out for ways that God shows His love for you. I know that as you do this, you will come to better realize the blessings that come from Him in your lives.
I love you all,
Elder Siebert
PS: Is Lady Gaga's Bad Romance still huge in America? I swear I hear some song by her at least once a day.
Two years is up!
13 years ago
I want some mango IcE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think Marky is missing Ky-Ky! So sweet, I love those two boys!!
The real question for mark is whose hair do the old ladys like to run their fingers through more?
ReplyDeleteP.S. brother siebert i do read marks blogg! I just usuly read it through my moms account. Dont be giving me a bad name to your spiritual son.