HEY ALL!
Sorry for writing so late. We went to the temple this week, so we didn't have P Day on Monday. Today was great at the temple, but I forgot my camera in the bus, so I didn't get to take pictures there. So sorry! The Taipei temple is cool. It's a little pocket of quiet dignity on a bustling street.
Excuse Review:
I haven't had one in a while, but here goes. Yesterday, I got up next to a car and started to wave and try and get the guy inside to open the window. He quickly did, and then angrily yelled at me, "It so danger, so danger!" and then sped off. I was kind of tempted to stop him and say, "No, no no, 'It's so dangerous.' Repeat with me: 'it's so dangerous.'" Seriously. Someone needs to teach these people how to speak decent English. Oh wait... that's me, every Wednesday night at 7 pm. I need to work on that... 3 grammatical grievances out of 5.
Food Review:
The Xihu North elders have a recent convert (who Elder Mikkelsen contacted) who's mother loves us and gives us food all the time. Anyways, couple of days ago, she gave us Beef Noodle Soup, which is something Taiwan is famous for. I have NEVER had such good soup in my life. His mother has got a gift. Sorry, mom. Yours is really great (and if anyone wants to experience how great it is, flatter her), but this stuff was amazing. 5 bovine beauties out of 5.
Lately I've discovered that I can do both the Taiwanese accent and the proper accent amazingly well. On the streets, I use my proper accent. On phones I use the Taiwanese one so the old grandmas who pick up won't hang up on me. I'm pretty convincing. The other day, I was talking to someone on the phone, and he suddenly asked me, "Wait, aren't all the missionaries American? Where are you from?" I told him I was American and he couldn't believe it. So I explained my racial heritage. Yeah, Mom, you'd be proud.
Lately, every night at about 6 on erxi road, some guy drives by, and if he sees us, yells, "Mo2men2 jiao4!" which means "Mormon Church." He doesn't do it angrily or happily. It's just kind of matter of fact. Bizarre.
On Sunday, we had a missionary fireside. It went great. Especially great was just how solid my recent convert Yang xiu4 yu2 is. WOW! So good. She fellowships less actives and other new members, and when we were practicing how to share the Gospel with friends, she led out in the discussion. She's SO dang cool. Love her to death (but not in a bu4xing2 sort of way). Anyways, just thought I'd let you all know that there are prepared people out there. When they hear the Gospel, they latch on and they change the lives of others. The Church is true. When we feel that, we need to share it with others. Hope you'll all take any opportunity you get to share the Gospel.
I love you all,
Elder Siebert
PS: The wind has been SO strong these few days. My bike has gotten knocked over so many times. Yesterday, my helmet blew away while we were teaching a lesson, and afterwards, I found it halfway down the road. Fun stuff.
Two years is up!
13 years ago
No one cooks better than J, has he been out so long he has forgotten?
ReplyDelete