Hey all!
I hope you all had a great week. I did. It's been really really windy, and my bike has fallen over so many times that my box cracked and fell off. I held a funeral for it last night. I have some pictures that I'll send if this computer I'm working on isn't a dud and the USB drive works. I have a new box now. His name is Lil' Jimmy, cause he's smaller. And that's the last we ever heard of Lil' Jimmy (that's for you, Jake Stanger).
Wow. Yesterday's Sacrament Meeting topic was the Law of Chastity. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I was the Youth speaker. A guy from the Stake gave a 15 minute talk on polygamy. Pretty dang intense.
Food Review: Cavier
Pretty bland, when I consider how many countless fish lives I destroyed. 2 mass murders out of 5.
Food Review: Shao1 bing3 you3 tiao3
I loved these things last time I came to Taiwan. Basically, it's just a stick of dough fried in oil stuck in a little biscuit like thing. What makes this worthy of reviewing is that my companion taught me to dip it in soy milk. Delicious. I strongly recommend it to all, especially my little brother, who comes alive next MOVE CALL! CAN'T WAIT. Oh wait, back to the review. 5 great greasiness...es out of 5.
Not much happened this week. We got lost a lot and rode a lot of miles. I filled up my binder full of letters from people back home. Thanks for everyone that made the first volume such a success. For those of you who didn't make this first one, I'm working on the second volume, so you've still got a chance (I'm looking right at you, Kira Joy).
We have some really great investigators right now. One started out really prideful. He's very well read, and had a very good knowledge of all the Asian religions. He liked to debate with us at first, and the lessons went FOREVER (Elder Pei likes to talk a lot). But as he's read and prayed, he's gained a testimony of the Gospel. Now, he listens to us rather than asking where we heard the doctrine or where it's found in the scriptures. The Spirit has completely changed him. My only worry is that he likes us too much and hasn't found good friends in the ward yet. We'll work on this. He's a really cool guy. Secondly, we have a guy who's last name is Hu2. I contacted him a month ago when we were riding and Elder Mikkelsen said, "go get him" so I did. He started out pretty unwilling to meet with us (but just too embarrassed to say no). He's a very stressed man, with lots of concerns and not a lot of happiness. However, as we've been meeting with him, he's really started to smile. He's started to find a testimony. I think he'll take a little more time, but we'll be patient and work with him. We've got some really great people out here. I'm blessed to have an opportunity to teach wonderful people and see the power of the Spirit of the Lord. It truly changes people. It changes me. It can change us all, if we just do what we're supposed to. Everyone feels the Spirit differently, and I'm convinced that most of the time, we don't even notice that we're feeling it. We often don't know that we've received revelation until after we go act upon our feelings and thoughts. I know that God looks out for us and constantly gives us direction. If you don't feel like he does, don't worry about it. Just think about the good things in your life, and you'll see that God has truly directed you to happier paths.
I love you all! Have a great week! Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
I love the missionary glam shot!
ReplyDelete