Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekly Report: Slushies, Senior for a Day

HEY EVERYONE!
I hope you all had a great week! I did. Wow. The internet cafe I'm at just started playing that song that has the chorus that goes, "I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep cause I miss you babe." Small world. I laughed so hard when it started. My companion has no idea what I'm laughing at, but it's pretty dang hilarious.

Food Review: The Slushie King
The title says it all. I'm the king of the slushies now. Last week, I decided that I'd put the blender in our apartment to good use. I made some ice cubes, and have been making various fruit and condensed milk slushies throughout the week. My companion LOVES them. The first thing he asked me yesterday morning was, "pineapple at lunch?" So far, I've made pineapple, papaya, banana, chocolate, and winter melon. My companion's favorite is banana. He LOVES it. I give myself 5 brilliant bing1s out of 5.

Wow, they just put that song on repeat. It's not that great.

This week, I got to go on exchanges with Elder Oram, the other junior companion in Xihu, which meant I was senior for a day. I'll be honest, wearing the cell phone holder on my belt is a pretty heady feeling. Hehe. It was a great day. Me and Elder Oram are tight, and we went out that day determined to do our best. We had a good morning in Xihu, and found some prepared people, but the miracle really came when we went to ErLin (the town at the end of FEAR ROAD). We made a pit stop at the McDonalds in ErLin (no idea why such a tiny town has one), and I got out of the bathroom a little bit before Elder Oram. I had a couple seconds, so I decided to call a referral from the referral system while I waited. The guy answered, and set up for the same day, because he lived in ErLin. Elder Oram and I went and visited him. Turns out he comes from a Christian family of several generations. However, he himself has not really felt the truth of Christianity. He told us that he married a Daoist who went to church with his family and is now a very active Christian. "Why can she feel it and not me? Can you help me feel it?" he asked us. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and receiving answers to our prayers. I'm super excited to continue to work with him. He's really seeking the truth. It was a great exchange. Both me and Elder Oram were sad to go back (and I was sad to hand over cell phone. Hehe).

Wow. Last week seems pretty uneventful in retrospect. It's been cooler lately, but not too cool. Winter's coming.

Sorry this is kind of a boring letter. I'll prepare better next week so I can send something more epic. Sorry. Love you all!
Elder Siebert

2 comments:

  1. ....and I don't want to miss a thing! I love that song! Yes it is good enough to put on repeat for the whole day! Cause even when I dream of you the sweetest dreams would never do,I would still miss you babe....so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, after that I think I'm having a major missing the Siebert boys day..

    ReplyDelete