Hey All!
I hope you all had a great week back home. I'm now serving in the Jiayi 3rd ward with my new companion, Elder Warnick, who is on his second move call. Should be interesting. I love Jiayi, I used to come here on exchanges. Now, a part of it is my responsibility. Pretty exciting in a pretty scary way.
Happy Thanksgiving! I won't be having a tradition Thanksgiving Dinner this year, but I'll be sure to have Turkey Rice (which is Jiayi is famous for) that day.
First, an update on the smoothie situation. My last companion, Elder Pei, became so addicted to my smoothies. He would start to get excited at about 8 every night. When we went on exchanges, he had the following conversation with the Zone Leader, Elder Byington:
E Pei: Sorry, Elder Byington, you're great, but I prefer Elder Siebert at night.
E Byington: Wha?!
E Pei: Only he makes the smoothies I want.
Yeah, fairly well addicted.
Excuse Review:
This week, while I was on exchanges, I contacted a guy who told me he couldn't learn about the gospel cause he was a hunter. I felt like saying incredulously, "Have you ever met Vance Winn? He would put your scraggily half beard to shame." Fairly lame excuse. 2 hurried hunters out of 5.
Then another guy told me he was the Dalilama in a past life. Not convinced.
Well, it's pretty wild to be a senior companion now. I carry the Cell Phone of Authority. It's much heavier than I thought it would be (the Batteries of Blame are pretty heavy duty, kidding). My new companion is really cool. He's from Delta, Utah, and despite being such a young missionary, he seems to be a real good one. I'm looking forward to working with him. To be honest, I'm a little scared. As I sat on the train, looking out the window (we passed Douliu!) and thinking, I offered up my worries to the Lord. As I prayed, I felt a reassurance come from the Spirit. It will all turn out alright if I will do what I'm supposed to and leave the rest to the Lord. I know this is God's church, and I'm on His errand. As long as I'm a good messenger, He will let me see miracles and will help me to grow. While I'm still quite apprehensive, I trust that things will turn out alright if I will turn to the Lord.
Thanks for all of your support. I love each and every single one of you,
Elder Siebert
PS: MATT'S A MISSIONARY!!!
Two years is up!
13 years ago
Senior comp....that would be scarey! I am confident he will do a great job.
ReplyDelete