Hey Everyone!
Hope you all had a great first week of the New YEAR! I can't even wait for 11-11-11 at 11:11. I think my brain will explode at that magical movement.
It's been cold the last couple of days, which means I've been wearing my black coat out and about. The problem is, I have brown pants. But in Taiwan it doesn't even matter. I get a sick power trip from the ability to wear such a combination so blatantly.
My companion, Elder Lai, is great. He's a funny little guy. He looks like he could be my little brother, but he's actually older than me by three years. It's pretty funny. We get along real well. He's fairly well laidback, and I don't push him too hard. He's teaching me some Taiwanese, which has been a lot of fun. We always say, "scared" in Taiwanese and make a hand motion that a famous cartoon character who's always scared makes. He laughs so hard whenever I do it. I'll send a picture of us.
Food Review:
I've been slacking the last couple weeks, so I'll have two this week.
First, Walmart Gummy Bears. Oh man, these are the best thing ever. I'd been saving them for last from my Christmas package, but I finally broke down and opened them yesterday. They were gone in less than 24 hours. Capitalism has never tasted so good. The Spanish nutrition facts just screams, "cheap foreign labor," which makes me scream, "mmm, delicious!" 5 cheap candies out of 5.
Second, Meat Rounds (literally translated, sorry). Pretty tasty little gooey balls of rice flour around meat. Problem was, I said yes to garlic when the lady asked me. Tasted great, but then I tasted the garlic for the next day. Pretty bad. But it was a good lunch. 3 bad breaths out of 5.
I got a flu shot. I thought I'd be free this year cause I was thousands of miles away from my parents, but no. President Bishop asked us all to get them, so I had to go to the doctor and have flu shots explained to me in Chinese before they'd stab me. Pretty dang obnoxious, if you ask me.
This week, we were teaching an unbelieving investigator. Our lesson with him went pretty poorly. I really love the kid, but he just won't believe. He told us he'd had a special feeling once when reading, but nothing since then, so he couldn't accept the BoM as truth. Anyways, after the lesson, he couldn't find his keys. We looked around, but we couldn't find them. I suggested that we say a prayer, and he kind of hesitated, but then allowed us to do so. With confidence (ok, so I was praying REALLY hard that God wouldn't let us down), we walked over to his scooter and found the seat compartment open and his keys just sitting inside of it. He's still not sure it was a miracle, but I am, and that's good enough. We'll keep working with him. Heavenly Father answers prayers. If we have faith and put ourselves into His hands, we'll see miracles. Sometimes we need to go out on a limb and just go for it, but the results are great. Keep praying. It may be the most basic Sunday School answer of all, but it's the answer.
I love you all. Hope you all have a great week! Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
I'm glad he got a flu shot! I just don't understand why people are so in love with gummy bears, huh.
ReplyDelete