Hey Everyone!
Well, move call went out, and Elder Warnick has moved away. My new companion is Elder Lai, a short term missionary from Taizhong. I'll admit that I'm a little intimidated, but he's really really cool and I really like him. So I'm excited for a great move call.
Just a little bit about my life. Each night, I have to report district numbers to the Zone Leaders. Whenever I report them, if Elder Salgado picks up, I report my companionship's numbers first. If Elder Wong picks up, I report the sisters' numbers. So Elder Salgado thinks I'm an egocentric jerk, and Elder Wong has no idea about chivalry cause he's Singaporean. Just a little game I'm playing with their minds.
Got pooped on by a bird while riding. I didn't even notice till later. I'm a diligent missionary, right? Hehe.
This week, I heard a song by Nickelback. Of all the things I didn't want to follow me halfway across the world, Nickelback was definitely one of them.
On Friday, Elder Warnick and I saw a small miracle. We'd just gotten off of exchanges with the Zone Leaders, and we went clear to the other side of town cause Elder Warnick demanded shaved ice with lunch. Then we decided to scrap our afternoon plan and go out to a secondary area, Minxiong, partially cause we were close to being on the way and then partially because we hadn't been in a while. Anyways, we started off. Elder Warnick was ahead of me, and he waved at a guy on the side of the road. The guy smiled, and I went contacted him. He told me he'd actually been telling a friend a couple of days before how he'd wanted to meet the Mormon missionaries. So we immediately went and taught him the Restoration in the McDonald's across the street. Golden. I asked him how he felt after we prayed, and he said, "so comfortable!" It was so dang cool. God truly leads us (sometimes through our stomachs!). He places His prepared children in our paths so we can bring them back to Him. It's truly a privilege to see the miracles in the work.
Well, I hope you all have a great New Year! Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
crazy! Teaching lessons in McDonalds!
ReplyDelete