Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Report: Rage t-shirt, Watermelon, Getting along with new companion

Hey Everyone!
Wow, last week started out SO hot. It got over a hundred degrees and it was just wet and sweaty all day long. But the weekend got cool (29 celcius) which was lovely. We opened the window and let all the moths in with the cool breeze.

T Shirt Review:
Oh man, I want this one so bad. All it was was the character 怒 in a circle. It basically means "rage." I want a rage shirt so bad. I hear that rage is all the rage these days. Wow. That was a terrible joke. I'm sorry I've become so unfunny. 5 furious fashionistas out of 5.

Food Review:
It's nothing new, but really, watermelon is SO good out here. I bought a big one last week for 120 NT and have been eating it every night while my district leader "ministers" to me. Delicious. When it comes right out of the fridge and into my mouth, it's just so cold and sweet. Man, I'd be so jealous of me if I were you. 5 sweet 西瓜's out of 5.

I don't really know that tons happened last week. It was a pretty dry week. We went on Assistant Exchanges and Zone Leader Exchanges. Me and the new Zone Leader Elder Barton spent an hour looking for and address while riding though dirt roads in a construction site and referring pretty much every single construction worker to the missionaries where they live. Um... what else? Me and Elder Chen get along REALLY well. We're very very similar and have a lot of the same opinions. He's a goofy guy and far more intelligent than I am. We say that we're 叛教士s (literally Apostasy-ists, but it's clever cause you change one character and then you have "missionary") cause we always joke about the way things are done. I was so scared last week when President called me up to tell me I was training again. Last time, I did NOT get along with my trainee and it was a miserable move call. To make matters worse, they both have the last name Chen. I was so worried that we would not get along (not sure why, cause I've gotten along with all my other companions), but I know that the Lord is behind all the changes in our lives. Elder Chen and I are SUPER simliar. Yesterday night, we were discussing Elder Chen's feelings and it turns out he has a lot of the same feelings I had when I first got on island. I was able to help him with those cause I've had to get over them myself. I know that the Lord put us together for a reason. I'm grateful for the opportunity to train someone as talented and wonderful as Elder Chen.

I love you all and hope you have great weeks! Love,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment