Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekly Report: Almond Milk, Finishing the Chinese BOM, Upcoming Baptisms

Hey Everyone!
First off, I'm a terrible senior companion. I let my companion get bitten by a dog yesterday. We rode by a factory with some mean dogs that started chasing us. Naturally, I just started yelling angrily at the dog in English and threatened to kick it and I made it away safely, but apparently Elder Chen is not nearly so hardened and mean as me. It wasn't a terribly big deal though. I just like that I could start off my email with a little drama.

Food Review:
JSP Burger
I just like this place cause it always makes me think of JavaServer Pages. It's otherwise not a remarkable breakfast place. 3 還好漢堡s out of 5.

Almond Milk
Oh man, this one was good. Basically, the guy at the drink shop just dumped almond powder into milk. It was the most rich, creamy thing I've ever had. Pretty much like pouring almond extract down my throat. Pretty tasty. Kind of makes me think of that raisin game the Ludwigs play, if only cause of the almond extract. Sorry, that was an odd thought to have. Random tangent. 5 creamy concoctions out of 5.

I've done it. I've conquered the Beast. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the prophecy of the number of the beast in the Revelation of John. It can point to nothing other than the Chinese Book of Mormon, which is 667 pages long. Seriously, there are 4 lines on the 667th page, and the 666th page looks like it has slightly larger margins. Coincidence...? Anyways, I finished the book in Chinese yesterday. Proud, Mom? Now I don't know what to do for language study. Jesus the Christ?

Shirt Review:
This is more of a pants review. I saw a kid with the words "Crazy Bomb" in big purple letters on the seat of his jeans. I'm not sure that I would ever want to wear anything that associated my bottom with a bomb. That definitely does not seem like a very smooth thing to show to the world at large. Some things are best kept personal. 3 TMI's out of 5.

We're looking to have a REALLY great weekend this weekend. One of the ward's eternal investigators, who is the boyfriend of one of the girls in the ward, is getting baptized after coming to church for 6 months. I've basically ignored him my whole time here, so this is all between him and the Lord. He's a super cool, solid guy. The Liao family passed their baptismal interviews this Saturday. Brother and Sister Liao are so so cool. They were golden from the first time I contacted them. It's been a while in the making, cause Brother Liao is in Taichung during the week, but they've always been really believing and good about keepin commandments. They have an adorable little 4 year old boy named YuKai who is as cute as can be with his little Spock haircut. Sister Liao is very talkative and Brother Liao is very quiet, but Sister Liao always defers answering questions to Brother Liao. It's really kind of funny. Yesterday, in Sunday School, the teacher asked Sister Liao what it means to bear one another's burdens, and she responded, "I'll turn this burden over to Brother Liao." I'm super excited for their baptism. I've never had a family before, but I'm super stoked. I'm really grateful to the Lord for letting me help these people covenant with Him. Not a lot of it has been my work. Brother Zhao just came up and told me he wanted to be baptized. The Liao family has just been great from the beginning. The Lord answered their prayers within the first week they started meeting with us, and Sister Liao has told me that a couple of times, she's heard a voice reminding her not to drink tea. I pretty much just happened to be in the right place in the right time. I think that's how a lot of missionary work is. That may even be a lot of how life in general is. The Lord takes care of us. We just need to live righteous lives so that He can put us in the right place. So keep the commandments!

I love you all. You're in my prayers.
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment