Hi Everyone!
Happy 端午節! It's really really hot today. But that's just kind of the way summer is in Taiwan. You just sweat while standing still. It's great. But I've found a way to combat the heat and it's this weeks:
Food Review: Mango Popsicles
I bought a box of these last week, and they were great. Every night, I would bite into one of these freezing milk on the outside mango on the inside bars of heaven. Wow. So good when it's 10 and still really hot. Absolutely loved it. 5 majestic mangoes out of 5.
Well, Elder Chen is officially going to the MTC next next transfer. He came to the mission straight out of his mandatory military service, and didn't have an opportunity to go. Because he's a really good missionary already, President was debating whether or not to send him at all (in fact, after coming on exchanges with us, the assistants repeatedly recommended that no one be sent to the MTC in the future; Elder Chen is that good). However, he made the decision, and Elder Chen will be heading out to the Philipines after another transfer. This really bums me out, cause I always had fantasies of Elder Chen never going to the MTC. It'd kind of be like the girl in Lord of the Rings who kills the monster who can't be killed by any man. There'd be some eternal investigator, and he'd be like, "no missionary can baptize me." and Elder Chen would be like, "I am no missionary," and push the investigator into the baptismal font with his Book of Mormon. Now that dream is ruined.
Saw a sinful sign this week. It was at a business and said, "休息中" which means "resting." But the English translation under this sign said, "Drink Tea." A direct command to break the Word of Wisdom. I was so disgusted I nearly threw my Book of Mormon through the window.
Well, last weekend was the miracle weekend. We got three baptisms! Two of those were a husband and wife who are so so so golden. Wow. I didn't even realize how golden they were until they bore their testimonies in sacrament meeting. The husband apparently had smoking problems (I never really knew cause we were burning through the lessons to get them baptized) and had tried to quit unsuccessfully in the past. However, without me following up on it, he just quit one day, and there was no problem. The wife was even more golden. She found a Christian article on family relationships three years ago which helped her a lot and wanted to be Christian but never had the courage to go to a church. She'd see us on the street a lot, but never got contacted, and was really sad about that. She psuedoprayed for God to send her a missionary a lot, and talked to Brother Liao about it every once in a while. Two days after the latest time she talked to him about it, I contacted them on the street. She said, when I asked her if she believed in God, she said "yes" because He sent me. Sister Liao prayed really diligently every night after that and both she and her husband received answers between the first and second meetings. They progressed quickly and easily. Their kid YuKai loves us and things everyone is an Elder Siebert (he asked his mom if Sister Su was a female Elder Siebert). At the end of her testimony, Sister Liao said she didn't sleep all night after the baptism cause she just laid in bed thinking, "Heavenly Father does love us after all." Everyone at church was really wowed by her testimony. I was too. God blessed me so much to be able to find this family. I love them. I feel so lucky to have been a part in their conversion.
I hope you all are seeing wonderful things in your lives too. I love you and pray for you. Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment