Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekly Report: Trip South, Costco Food, Fish on Bike

Well,
It was another good week in the office. We thought that with the big group of new missionaries done, we should be able to have more office time and get the things we were backed up on done. Man, were we wrong. A lot of stuff came up, and we ended up going on a two day trip to the south of the island (wow, it's beautiful. As you drive down, one side is lush green mountains, and the other is the sparkling blue sea). Pretty busy week, but still really good.

Captain's Log:
September 11, 2011 Sunday 9:20 struggling SO hard to stay awake in church.
September 11, 2011 Sunday 3:10 Struggling to stay awake in church for the second time today. Wow I'm tired.
September 12, 2011 Monday 3:00 Elder Jensen nearly killed us! But now I know you can fill up on gas without turning off the car...
September 12, 2011 Monday 6:09 Nancy knows Costco! Best GPS ever!
September 12, 2011 Monday 6:58 So it's canned soup. It's still clam chowder.
September 12, 2011 Monday 7:22 Two boxes of mango muffins from Costco = pure joy in every cell of my body.
September 13, 2011 Tuesday 11:28 "You know how sometimes missionaries get a little rushed?" Next thing I knew Elder Jackson had fallen through the window after taking the hinges off the door didn't get us into Elder Summerhays's aparment.
September 14, 2011 Wednesday 3:19 Off to Jiayi! Woohoo!
September 14, 2011 Wednesday 4:00 Stole two mattresses from Elder Evans's five story bed and left a note saying "Operations managed."
September 14, 2011 Wednesday 8:40 Teddy is so so so solid. Man I love that kid.
September 14, 2011 Wednesday 9:10 Naked mannequins with clearance stickers made to look like linegerie, food on the escalator... Carrefore has some weird marketing ideas.
September 15, 2011 Thursday 11:40 Man, that printer is the Anti-Liston.
September 15, 2011 Thursday 1:18 That dude totally had a 4 foot fish on his scooter. Oh, how I love the deep south.
September 16, 2011 Friday 9:43 First time I've ever called a termite exterminator. And I did it in Chinese!
September 16, 2011 Friday 3:14 How did Elder Liston figure out that the ampersand was causing the problem in the HTML before I did? Old people these days...
September 17, 2011 Saturday 11:50 Oh man, I could have spent all day in that museum with my translator and a bag of batteries reading everything Chinese.
September 17, 2011 Saturday 12:30 Lunch with President and the Listons! We rock!

Well, that's about all for this week. Sorry, I'm kind of a bit low on miracle stories lately. I guess that's what happens when you spend most of the day in front of a computer. However, I get some good stuff when I have personal study. Lately, I've found ways that make my study more effective, especially in the aspect of pulling out some bit of knowlege and then applying it. I'm sure everyone has or has to find their own way of doing this. I've seen that as I've done this, I've found significant things that make a small difference in everyday life. Kind of funny how long I promised people this would happen, and I'm only now just stumbling upon the full import of that promised blessing. But better late than never, right? I hope you all can find the best way to study for yourselves. For me, I write down little analysis sticky notes in my book. But others do well with a study journal. It depends on the person, but the principle is that we're not just reading, but that we're receiving revelation. I know that doing so will bless every one of your lives.

I love you all. Have a good week. Love,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment