Hey Everyone!
Well, the big news here is that I got moved to the office to be the Mission Recorder and my new companion is the Operations Manager Elder Jensen. Our Preparation Day is on Saturday, so that's why this one is a little late. It's been a fun week. I've had to learn a lot of different systems, and we've been traveling to a lot of apartments getting ready for the big group that's coming on next move call and all the apartments getting opened. Our senior couple is really nice. They've totally got the grandma grandpa feel and Brother Liston is trying to learn Chinese. It's hilarious to hear him refer to his wife in an atonal "liu jie mei." Since we're really busy, I don't really have time to write in my journal anymore, but I decided to use what I learned from Elder Lapray and keep a Captain's Log. I'll share some of the highlights from this week:
Wednesday 8/31/2011 4:00 pm - If you're with Elder Jensen, nobody even thinks twice when you walk out of an apartment with a clothes dryer.
Thursday 9/1/2011 12:40 - Cheesy chicken enchilada's from Sister Liston for lunch. The office life is a good sheltered Nerf life.
Thursday 9/1/2011 2:00 - who would have known I'd enjoy calling landlords and getting them to do stuff?
Thursday 9/1/2011 4:30 - Oh those poor missionaries out on their bikes in the rain. Good thing I've got the van and tunes.
Friday 9/2/2011 9:45 - Some lucky incoming trainee just got his toilet cleaned.
Friday 9/2/2011 12:44 - Well those refried beans were pretty bad, but I've now had Mexican food two days in a row. Oh office life.
Friday 9/2/2011 7:44 - Totally took a dump in a Sisters' apartment
As you can tell, we live an epic life. I feel so blessed to have been moved here. We're amazingly busy. We get out the door right after personal study, take as little time as possible for lunch and dinner, and then try to get things done so we can go proselyte after 6, come in at nine, work until ten thirty and then scramble upstairs to get ready for bed as fast as possible. It's tons of fun. The upstairs apartment is a lot like the MTC apartment. CARPET!!! DECENT BATHROOM! We get to handle all sorts of random things, from mothers calling in for their children, to guys who want to sell things on the corner of the church, to the schizophrenic lady who wants an interview fom President Bishop. Never gets stale. It'll get even more busy next week with trainees coming on. I'm so excited. I'm so grateful that the Lord gave me an opportunity to serve here.
I hope you're all having a good time back home. Love,
Elder Siebert
PS: Food Review: Don't think I'd forget this!
Watermelon Juice with Ice Cream
Oh man, so dang tasty. It's like a creamy watermelon milkshake. I've never been so sad to hear the slurping sound of a drink running out. 5 watermelon wowzers out of 5.
Two years is up!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment