Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekly Report: Ultimate Treasure, Being a Good Mother, Nanny Selects

Hey Everyone!
Well, the big news here is that Elder Lapray got moved away in the mini move call that went down on Saturday. We were both really sad about that. My new companion is Elder Luck. He seems like a cool cheerful guy.

Clothes Review:
I saw a dude with the words "Ultimate Treasure" embroidered on his rear. That seems like a pretty bold statement to make and if I wasn't wearing a nametag, I probably would have asked the people around me if they felt that he was justified in making that claim. 3 bold buttocks out of 5.

On Monday, we went to the Jenny Phillips concert at our chapel. It was pretty good. There was a Taiwanese lady there that sang far better than all the white people. It was really slanted towards young women. I left the concert feeling determined to be a good mother and be modest.

Food Review: Nanny Select
This week, we opened a whole new brand of real fruit nannies, which we called Nanny Selects. The winner of the category was clearly the Majestic Mango Nanny, which was smooth yet tangy. I felt like a rich man drinking the stuff. Absolutely delicious. 5 fruit frenzies out of 5.

Well, we saw a really cool miracle on Saturday night. We have an investigator who had a really rough past life, and is struggling to cope with the guilt come to the church to see us. He does that sometimes, and has actually met with all the missionaries here in Yongkang. Anyways, that night, we decided to visit an RC, came back early to the church just as our next appointment showed up early. We saw Brother Wang drive up so we went and sat down with him. He'd read in the Book of Mormon to Alma 36 and we decided that it was perfect so we read it with him. Brother Wang felt courage to go and change his life and finally decided that he had better come to church. He did so and loved it. I've never seen anyone so proud to be at church for the first time. He was so grateful to us that he could come to church. He's still got a long way to go, but it's a real testament that the Gospel can change anyone's life.

I love you and pray for you all! Love,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment