Hey All!
I hope you had a good week back home. We got some rain this week. One day, it rained so hard in the afternoon that we were riding through a half a foot of water in the streets. It was sweet. Especially when the cars going by totally soaked pedestrians and scooters. Hilarious.
One of the highlights of the week had to be this week's English class. Because it was the last time we'd have English in the transfer, we had evaluation night, which basically consisted of games and a spiritual lesson. This time's topic was Pirates, and me and Elder Lapray got really into the costumes. We both had paper beards and mustaches and pirate hats, and I even taped an piece of paper to my glasses as an eyepatch (spoiler: running through the church gym with no depth perception is not too safe). The students loved the games and we had a great time. I figured out that the Chinese pirate says: 呀兒! (that was for you, Mom, it's like 點兒)
Speaking of move call, Elder Lapray and I are still both here in YongKang. It's great cause we get along really well. I was really hoping that we'd get to stay together, and the dream has been accomplished!
Food Review: Nanny Smith
Me and Elder Lapray have really been running with the whole Nannybutter concept and this week, we hit gold. This one is made by mixing apple soda with 多多. Man, it tastes like caramel apple. So tasty. 5 action apples (yeah, I know it's bad) out of 5.
Well, we baptized Brother Zheng this week. He's the super golden one that knew my last trainee. He's a super cool guy and was so excited to get baptized all week long. He is now set on preparing to serve his own mission. It's really very awesome that the Lord let us teach such a prepared man. You seldom see anyone roll into baptism so easily, but Brother Zheng did it. He has strong faith and it motivates him to do things that others would balk at (for example, he quit work so he could come on Sundays). I'm very blessed to be able to teach and baptize such wonderful people out here in YongKang.
I love you all and hope you have a good week. Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment