Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Last Report

Hey everyone!
I hope everyone's week went really well. Mine did. But I'm super tired right now, because with the preparations for new missionaries, we've been up till at least midnight each night for the last three nights. Probably not healthy. But fun. Well, I think I'll hop into the final Captain's Log. Here goes!

Saturday 11:10am Hardworking is taking time out of P-day to get a contract signed.
12:00pm LIttle rich old lady with leaves from yard work in her hair = coolest new landlord ever.
12:50pm We've never had to try so hard to get out of a free lunch. Awesome little lady.
3:15pm "Whenever I got into restaurants or get on buses, I always look for the emergency exit. It's safer that way." I'm gonna miss this little barber man.
5:30 Tofu Brain (豆腐腦):Basically it's tofu with a pudding consistency with souce sauce and penut sugar. Not so tasty.
7:20pm Underground Frank:"Your brother's a really great missionary!" You're right he is!
8:30pm So we decided to walk and contact (cause Elder Sanford was set on the fact that that was what Jesus did) and then we went down a set of stairs in the middle of the park and ended up in an underground parking lot with whimsical Chinese music playing I had to pinch Elder Sanford to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
Sunday 9:50am It was cold, so Elder Sanford made a little tunnel out of exercise pads to funnel hot air from the heater onto himself.
2:52pm "Basically, the point of my talk today is to convince you all how hardworking your bishop is."
4:52pm "Brother Hong, ask me that question you asked earlier again." "Uh... how can I be sure God loves me?" "If you just loved me more, you would know I loved you."
Monday 1:10pm You think you're ordering fried peanuts, and suddenly you get a plate of dried fish. Say no to deceptive food naming!
Tuesday 11:45am My "leaving the office lunch" at the Tepanyaki. Weird feeling.
5:00pm Welcome to the stress baker.
7:00pm And then Sister Liston made me a taco with brownies and ice cream for dessert. Advice for new missionaries: make friends with the couple missionaries.
9:35pm sure hope we don't get cancer from writing messages to each other in ink on Valentine's candy hearts and then eating them.
Wednesday 6:30am You know you're tired when you're struggling to stay awake in your dreams.
2:12pm Wow, seriously underestimated how long it'd take to make holiday hats for English class.
4:10pm Only Leechee flavored HiChew can save me from the afternoon tiredness!
7:30pm Yeah, still an English teaching powerhouse!
Thursday 5:15pm well, that ends my last 5 hour translating binge.
7:00pm And then President prayed away the rain at Dan Jones.
8:14pm 3 parts strawberry flavored Hello Kitty soda from 黑松company + 2 parts nanny = Hello Nanny!
12:47am PS: Strawberry Coke.
Friday 12:00pm Another Grandson in the Siebert family! My genes will live on forever!
3:10pm Slipping on mangoes in the rain. Oh what a dangerous life I live.
8:10pm Well, those cookies hardly fill up that box. So we spent the next 20 mintes talking about how great they were so we felt better about spending 12NT a piece for 1.5" diameter cookies.

As you can see, it's been a good last week. I feel very lucky to have had an opportunity to come and serve the office. As I look back on my mission, I realize how much the Lord prepares us and plans the course of our lives. He watches out for us, and wants us to learn and grow. I can't wait to see you all again. May God be with you till we meet again (next week).

Love,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment