Hey Everyone!
Holy schamoly, crazy week. So, at the beginning of the week, Elder Sorensen went back to America for medical reasons (I miss him SO much), and I spent a couple of days with the Zone Leaders, Elder Hansen and Elder Salgado. Then, on the weekend, I got Teddy to be my companion. He was so excited and actually a really good missionary. He's only a member of 2 months, but when we taught, he was pulling out all the analogies that missionaries like to use. On Saturday, he added one and referred someone to the sisters. He got an investigator referral. I can't tell you how good it was to see Teddy preaching the Gospel. He was so sad to go home for school on Sunday. He was hoping to come again this weekend, but President Bishop had other plans. There is a shortage of missionaries, and Elder Salgado was sent to Tainan to be a Zone Leader there. Me and Elder Hansen are together in one HUGE super Jiayi area. It's HUGE. Our areas were big to begin with, but now we've got tons of space and loads of investigators. It should be a fun two weeks (President told me I'd be moving at the end of the move call. His exact words were, "it's been fun in Jiayi, but it's time for you to move on. Of course, it's all uncertain, but I'm just saying that's the plan."). Me and Elder Hansen have served in close proximity to each other throughout my mission, and it's about time we're companions. He's on his eleventh move call and I'm on my ninth, so there's not tons of difference. And we've got TWO cell phones! Yeh! Super calling!
Wow, I'm kind of hyper today. Another great thing that happened this week was President Bishop came down from Taichung to be my companion for half a day. It was a lot of fun. We chatted as we rode and contacted. It was a very relaxing afternoon. I feel like everytime I'm with President Bishop, it really relieves a lot the stress that I feel from the mission mentality that is kind of a product of the last mission president. I know that I was kept at home for a year so that I'd be able to come to Taiwan under President Bishop. He's a great man. God is in the details of every calling.
Last week was a lot of fun. I just can't think of what happened. Stayed up way too late each night chatting with Elder Salgado and then with Elder Lin (Teddy). I feel full of faith for the work, though, and I'm confident that my last two weeks here in Jiayi are gonna be a blast. I know that everything happens for a reason. Our Heavenly Father looks out for our interests all the time. He will bless us when we keep His commandments, and even sometimes when we don't deserve it. Rely upon Him. His grace is sufficient for all of us.
I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!
Elder 石
Two years is up!
13 years ago
Another Great letter!
ReplyDelete