Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekly Report: Mr. Cigarette, Golden Family, Fireworks

Hey All!
Hope you all had a really great week. It's gotten hot out here. Nearly killed my companion. I'm kind of used to it now.

Just a sidenote, there's a college in my area called NanHua, which is kind of like the UVU of Taiwan. It takes anyone and touts its programs as the best ever. It even has an agressive ad campaign on buses. I think it's pretty hilarious.

This week, on Saturday, the ward had a Blood Donation Activity, and the missionaries were invited to put on a puppet show about the dangers of smoking. It was pretty funny. I got to be Mr. Cigarette and that flighty temptress Addiction. It was windy that day, so the curtain kept blowing up and exposing our surprised faces to the crowd. It was a pretty big hit.

Saturday night was probably one of the best nights of my mission. We went and visited our recent convert Guang1Lun2 and reviewed a powerful "message of the restoration" lesson with him, and then raced down the hill at maximum speed to the park. There, we met with a GOLDEN family. The wife had found some sort of church (not sure if it was ours) message about families and thought it was really great and had talked to her husband about how she wanted to look into a Christian church just a couple of days before I contacted them on the street. The husband is quiet, but a cool guy. They have a little 4 year old son who is ADORABLE and who was poking Elder Sorensen with a flower all throughout the prayer. Pretty dang excited about them. I have to stay another transfer to baptize them though... Guess I'll start petitioning President now. Then, we were late in the door because the road to our house was blocked off cause there was a firework show in the street (well, it was more of a pagan ceremony, but the fireworks were beautiful). We stood and watched for about 10 minutes and then went home. It was wonderful!

Life is good in Jiayi. I love my companion, my recent converts, and ward, and the place. I'm very lucky to be able to serve in this heaven away from heaven. I keep praying for you all and hope you're doing well.

I love you all,
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment