Hi Everyone!
Here's the weekly update! Last week went well with new missionaries coming on island and a record bedtime of 10:40pm on Dan Jones night (it's usually around 1am). Week 6 is always a super fun, frenetic week where we're busy out of our minds but there was still time last Saturday for a little bit of photoshop, during which I created me and Elder Jensen's new card to leave where ever we fix things. It's attached here with two of them, cause we wanted to print it out to be half a 4x6 picture and I'm too lazy to mess with the file anymore.
Well, anyways, I guess it's time to continue with the Captain's Log!
Saturday 6:18pm "I'm afraid to do bad things..." So I threw the left over food into the trash for her. Oh, how I love Taiwanese people.
Sunday 11:39am Little kid on the stand: "Does anyone know the difference between the Aaronic Priesthood and Melchezidek Priesthood?" Silence. "Why doesn't anyone answer? Fine. Does anyone know the offices in the Melchezidek Priesthood?" Silence. "Bishop, you ought to know this!" Best primary program ever!
11:54am That man totally just quoted Machiavelli in his talk. I love this ward.
Monday 4:03 Taiwan Power Corporation informed me how many trees I could save through electronic billing by sending me a two page letter. To show my support for their effort, I threw the letter in the recycling instead of the trash.
Tuesday 9:00am The AC's broken?! I didn't sign up for this trial!
5:45pm "My name is still better!" Matt, Sister Tan sounds awfully jealous there. You watch what sisters you talk to up there in Taibei, ok?
Thursday 12:31 Somehow, we managed to get Elder Beunning alone at a table full of the new sisters at the hot pot. Watch the awkwardness unfold...
7:33pm New missionary on top of the Dan Jones box: "This Book of Mormon is true!" from the crowd Sister Zheng yells, "She's right! It's true!"
9:00 Black Nanny, the official drink of Dan Jones night.
Friday 10:09am the 'Operations Managed' card is a huge hit with everyone! President laughed so HARD he couldn't talk. I'm pretty sure Sister Johnson stole one. Sister Tan and the Crisis Crew tried, but Sister Liston caught them and wouldn't let them take it.
11:40pm Man, Sister Hancock is just like Kira. Run halfway across the world, and you still can't get away.
I think that's about all that happened. Actually, a lot more happened, but I was too busy to write it down in the moment, so I forgot. I guess you all will never know how it all went down. Here's the bottom line. God watches over me and teaches me things all the time. They're not easy lessons, but it's important that I learn them. I have a wonderful mission president who is wise and loving. I have good friends all around me. Life is good.
Hope you guys have a good life too. I'll talk at you all next week. Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment