Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekly Report: Room of Requirement, Sister Hancock, Elder Harris's Helmet

Hey Everyone!
This week brought a change of assignment. Elder George is gone, and I've usurped his spot as the special projects manager. Elder Zhuang is our new recorder, and I am busy training him to do the job. My new assignment is supposed to be computer stuff and a lot of translation. I'm excited to keep working at this thing.

Well, I got nothing else to say at this moment, so I guess it's on to the Captain's Log:
Saturday, 5:15pm So we go in looking for a red box of Christmas decorations, and there it is, sitting on a twelve foot stack of couches. Oh, how we love our room of requirement.
Monday 10:00am And here come the returning missionaries and their entourages. We're gonna get nothing done today.
1:15pm Elder Zhuang is here and I'm having a hard time letting go of my power.
Tuesday 10:33am A package to a returned missionary contained contraband beef products (slim jims) banned by the Taiwanese government. We had no choice but to destroy the evidence.
1:21pm "Who's Sister Hamilton?" (so this one requires some explanation. We were in DTM and the Zone Leaders called in to explain their little Christmas calling tree to build Zone unity. In the last couple of weeks, Elder Jensen and I have continually called Sister Hancock Sister Hamilton on accident, because Sister Hamilton was the name of a sister in our group who has since gone home and the names are similar. Anyways, on the Call Tree paper, the Zone Leaders had accidentally written Sister Hamilton instead of Sister Hancock, so we laughed through the entire phone call. I guess you just had to be there.)
Wednesday 11:40am When you try to clean out the room of requirement, the magic expands and you just keep taking stuff out. Curse you, Dumbledore!
4:00 Somehow, chasing numbers through linked tables on VSERVER's database fixed it. Can't say that I understand why. Maybe VSERVER was just feeling benevolent.
3:14 I feel bad making this shredder work so hard. Its grunts hurt me just like the sound of a million Pikmin dying.
Thursday 10:57am Finally got to fool a washing machine's computer into thinking it's always got its lid down.
11:53 Man, tell someone you want 30 boxes of Christmas lights, and suddenly they're panicking and getting on the phones to get every one of their stores in the country to send what they've got to us.
4:07pm "Elder Siebert, you're a great detective." Oh how I wanted to say, "I prefer 'man who detects things.'"
9:18 pm Dadadada(Legend of Zelda chromatic "you got something" chime). You got E. Harris's helmet! So I wore the helmet of the once great legend all around the office. If I don't take it off, he isn't really back in America.
9:48 Augh! The water cooler is vomiting water and it's soaking the carpet! Good thing I've got a helmet!
Saturday 10:10am Well, this outing to the waterfall in the Taiping mountains has turned into the Elders and President go on a "giant spider hunt."

Well, it's been a good week. I'm basically out of time, and I can't think of anything else to say, so I guess I'll just say, I love you!
Elder Siebert


1 comment:

  1. Tell Mark that he needs to somehow figure out how to put "Elder wand" into his next letter.

    ReplyDelete