Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekly Report: Barber, Cats, Costco Rip-off

Hey everyone!
It was a good week here filled with much code bug slaying and long road trips. A good week, if I do say so myself. But really, I don't know what to say anymore, so I'll just hide behind the Captain's Log.

Saturday 3:05pm When your barber switches halfway through the haircut and the second guy's got something to prove, you're definitely gonna get a good haircut.
Sunday 3:53pm "I'm pretty shy. This is why I only text my girlfriend. I'm a little scared..." favorite Sunday school teacher ever!
4:45pm "To be a teacher you have to keep all the commandments and live a worthy life. Well, Brother ____ you were just called as a teacher. Are you prepared?" "...uh....yeah." "Then you're not prepared."
Monday 1:00pm Ahh!!! Departing missionaries!!! And Sister Zheng's dying! Who's gonna teach me inappropriate Chinese metaphors now?
9:01pm And then the pet shop owner brought the cats he'd been keeping for a returning missionary and left them on the front step of the church. Someone's made some plans for after mission life. Now the office is noisy with the sound of meowing cats!
Tuesday 9:00am Everyone should get their own personal Elder Rosted (Rocksted) for their car. His guitar sure beats the CD player.
3:35pm Elder Sanford:"This is awesome! That's the most ghetto super market I've ever seen!"
7:15pm You think you're doing a good deed when you hold the flashlight so Elder Sanford can fix electronics in the dark without holding it in his mouth, but then you just end up with slimy hands.
Wednesday 1:05pm Here we go, ChaoZhou, here we go!
7:38pm Just got my first Costco card so I could order pizzas for the Zone Conference in the south because apparently I don't look enough like Sister Liston to use hers.
7:45pm You can't tell me you don't take orders for the week of New Years after I spent 1200NT to get in here!!!
7:48pm Used the Costco bathroom and dried my hands off with the Dyson airblade. Not quite worth the 1200NT, but close.
Thursday 7:19pm The good thing about being on my last transfer is that I can call Teddy now.
Friday 10:39am "Well, you have sudden hearing loss. I'm gonna prescribe a steroid and if it isn't better in 6 days, you're gonna have to come stay in the hospital." Well, the good thing is that my companion's gonna get ripped.

Well, that's about it. It's been a really good week. Me and Elder Sanford had a really good time going down south together. He's a goofy guy who just makes things interesting. When a blessing to finish out the mission with such a cool dude. God puts plenty of wonderful people into our lives. We should look out for them and enjoy the time we have with them.

That's it! Love ya!
Elder Siebert

No comments:

Post a Comment