Well everyone,
Sorry, I forgot to send out the Log last week. I guess this week we'll get two weeks of the Log instead. It's been a busy week full of computer projects. I've really been having a ball. Anyways, I'll get on with it:
Wednesday 1:23pm Well, I got every single apartment address into President's GPS. Best lackey ever.
6:00pm Dinner with President and the Stake President at a classy restaurant. When the peasant missionaries say, "I have no money for rice," I say, "let them eat lettuce wraps!"
Thursday 12:46pm. Sister Liston:"That Elder is a... bad dude!" I got her to say it! Mission accomplished!
Friday1:21 Beiping Duck Pizza at Costco. Not bad, but maybe just a bit too much soy sauce.
2:50pm The algorithm I used to sort that filing cabinet has an efficiency of n log n, worst case n squared. Not bad for a rusty programmer.
7:40pm When Mr. Xie put his forehead to the top fo the washing machine, I thought perhaps he was having a spiritual moment. But then 5 seconds later, he knew which part had blown out and that the lid of the machine had a spring that was broken. Best washing machine psychic ever!
Saturday 10:30am That mummy is SUPER gross. But I can't seem to look away. Creep.
11:14 am The Egyptians may have been high when they came up with their afterlife. Either that or somehow we've accidentally stumbled upon their version of Twilight, not their Bible.
4:30pm Sacrificing P-day to go to sing at the Sisters' baptism. Are we great dudes, or greatest dudes?
7:30pm I want to grow up to be Sister Hancock someday. She's rich AND she plays piano as well as my dad used to (if not better, sorry Dad)!
7:45pm Elder Zhuang is pretty much my dish buddy.
Sunday 11am Dude or dud? That is the question.
7:45 Dang that kid was good. Shy, but totally willing.
10:15 Man, I always blow these CPU usage and memory footprint issues out of proportion. I'm a drama queen in inch thick glasses.
Monday 2:11pm Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to code I go!
10:11pm CURSE YOU, BUFFER OVERFLOW!
Tuesday 4:30pm This sentence took 10 minutes out of me and Elder Zhuang's lives to translate: "the race isn't really to the swift; that bright star everyone wishes they could be." Curse you, metaphors!
Wednesday 10:10pm When you assume your SQL command is less than 100 characters, you're gonna get burned. Especially when your command is EXACTLY 100 characters and only stops working when you input double digit numbers. That ate an hour of my life that I'll never get back.
12:15 Sister Zheng said I was handsomer than Matt! Oh yeah! But maybe her brain cancer made her blind...
2:15 That receptionist at the car shop where we got the towhitch bike rack onto the Ford told us no less than five times how cute we missionaries are. "You guys are really too cute. You should come camping with us." Too bad it still cost 18 thousand NT.
10:06pm man, it's just one bad assumption after another with this database project...
Thursday 10:35 am A 6 foot golden statue of a hand in thumbsup position in the back of a truck. Oh how I love election season.
1:58pm I'm free!!! I finally got an SQL query that will figure out the dates that every convert in the last year went to church! Total dude!
10:20pm Got all the convert church attendance data out of the database, got the same information for temple attendance, and translated instructions on parasite pills into Chinese. Not a bad day.
Friday 9:30 am Java's kind of like a bike. You never forget how to do it, and some dudes look far better doing it than others.
3:20 That Taiwanese medical system is something else. Saw the doctor, got two X rays, and got pills in less than an hour. Relax, Mom, I just went along cause we worried the doctor wouldn't speak good enough English.
Well, that's my life in a nutshell. It's been fun. It's been really cool to be working on the computers this week. The work I'm doing will really help out with how we keep track of converts and give new focus to the way we help them. It's especially cool because the stuff I will be doing is totally the type of stuff I did at work before coming on a mission. It's like it was all planned... It's cool how the Lord looks out for us and gives a chance to serve in our own unique capacities. I hope you all have opportunities to serve this week as well.
Love,
Elder Siebert
Two years is up!
13 years ago
Elder Siebert, glad we trained you up well and prepared you for missionary work! I don't read your blog all the time, but when I do I wonder why I don't read it every week! Psychic washing machine repair? LOL!
ReplyDelete